Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Reaching Out for Support

I'm sure many of you locals have heard about this weeks tragedy in Avon Lake, Ohio. On Saturday night, one of the freshman from the Avon Lake High School had committed suicide. I feel some much pain for the family and the friends of this young girl. I may have not known her personally, but she will be missed by her community. I think that it is important to understand that you have people around you wether you think it or not. One person is ME! No matter what your story is, I am here! Suicide is something that should never be taken lightly and should be dealt with immediately. The signs are always there, and I want everyone to know that they need to speak up! These thoughts of suicide are not healthy and are signs that someone needs help from someone else. Please if you see someone struggling, PLEASE lend out a shoulder for them to cry on. I am here if anyone needs to talk.

If you need someone to talk to, please call the suicide prevention hotline at 614-429-1528 or visit their site click here

I leave you with this bible verse that everyone should remember:

Timothy 1:7  for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control

No comments:

Post a Comment